How to Dampen That UrgeThere are seven major coping skills to help you fight that urge to smoke. These tips are designed for you, the new nonsmoker, to help you nurture the nonsmoking habit.
1. Think about why you quitGo back to your list of reasons for quitting. Look at this list several times a dayespecially when you are hit with the urge to smoke. The best reasons you could have for quitting are very personally yours, and these are also the best reasons to stay a nonsmoker.
2. Know when you are rationalizingIt is easy to rationalize yourself back into smoking (see Common Rationalizations). Don't talk yourself into smoking again. A new nonsmoker in a tense situation may think, "I'll just have one cigarette to calm myself down." If thoughts like this pop into your head, stop and think again! You know better ways to relax nonsmokers ways, such as taking a walk or doing breathing exercises.
Concern about gaining weight may also lead to rationalizations. Learn to counter thoughts such as, "I'd rather be thin, even if it means smoking." Remember that a slight weight gain is not likely to endanger your health as much as smoking would. (Cigarette smokers have about a 70-percent higher rate of premature death than nonsmokers.) And review the list of healthy, low-calorie snacks that you used when quitting.
3. Anticipate Triggers and Prepare to Avoid ThemBy now you know which situations, people, and feelings are likely to tempt you to smoke. Be prepared to meet these triggers head on and counteract them. Keep using the skills that helped you cope in cutting down and quitting:
4. Reward yourself for not smokingCongratulations are in order each time you get through a day without smoking. After a week, give yourself a pat on the back and a reward of some kind. Buy a new record or treat yourself to a movie or concert. No matter how you do it, make sure you reward yourself in some way. It helps to remind yourself that what you are doing is important.
5. Use positive thoughtsIf self-defeating thoughts start to creep in, remind yourself again that you are a nonsmoker, that you do not want to smoke, and that you have good reasons for it. Putting yourself down and trying to hold out using willpower alone are not effective coping techniques. Mobilize the power of positive thinking!
6. Use relaxation techniquesBreathing exercises help to reduce tension. Instead of having a cigarette, take a long deep breath, count to 10, and release it. Repeat this 5 times. See how much more relaxed you feel?
7. Get social supportThe commitment to remain a nonsmoker can be made easier by talking about it with friends and relatives. They can congratulate you as you check off another day, week, and month as a nonsmoker. Tell the people close to you that you might be tense for a while, so they know what to expect. They'll be sympathetic when you have an urge to smoke and can be counted on to help you resist it. Remember to call on your friends when you are lonely or you feel an urge to smoke. A buddy system is a great technique.
| Table of Contents: |
|[Quit Smoking Start Page] [Previous] [Next]|
One great treat of the century was Mr. Paul Newman.
How can anyone pay sufficient tribute to Paul Newman?
Can you see how Paul Newman used shortcuts, MASTER shortcuts,
to slowly earn thousands of dollars, and then several millions of dollars,
and then, as any embracer of the MisterShortcut Zen Path would set out to do,
earn hundreds of millions of dollars... which he chose to invest into helping the helpless?
If Paul Newman, in between acting, directing, and apparently enjoying a very happy family life,
could earn hundreds of millions of dollars to invest into helping the helpless that co-exist with greed,
then what, pray tell us, are you capable of contributing when you embrace the MisterShortcut Zen Path ?
Paul Newman, pursuing his dreams, failed and struck out before improving his life 50 years in a row!
Paul Newman improved the lives of millions who never knew, millions more who never will know.
Such a life of devotion earns Paul Newman the highest praises of the MisterShortcut Zen Path.
May your own life be as long and happy, as rich & giving, as that of the saint, Paul Newman.
May you be perceptive enough to grasp and employ your own MisterShortcut Zen Path.
If Paul Newman, who could not pay his family's appliance bill, could rise up so high,
it gets awfully challenging for ANY of us to excuse quitting with "circumstances."
We do not stop something because we failed. We failed because we stopped.
Giving away even a quarter per day, the MisterShortcut Zen Path enrichens.
Learn to give away more, and you will learn how to multiply your results.
Let Paul Newman's life, and the lives of your role models, guide you up.
Avoid greeting the dawn without a map for the day. The more you write, the more you make.
Stop forming opinions until AFTER you take in, and enjoy, a great deal of knowledge and experience.
Paul Newman did not give away hundreds of millions of dollars. He gave away thousands... many times over.
Anything that you do with excellence gets better with observant repetition. Live your own MisterShortcut Zen Path.
Give a bit more, and get a bit more. It rarely works the other way around. If it is to be true, then it is exclusively up to you.
Rather than paying directly for the MisterShortcut Zen Path and Tao of Healthier Living:
How sweet it is: Reduce starvation, and more, with FREE CLICKS. Sponsors pay for each click - Wow!
What goes up, must come down, what goes around comes around. Help the helpless, to see the action.
When you save lives, you can be ENTIRELY confident that the universe will repay you, & generously.
If you knew better, you would do better. The MisterShortcut Zen Path imitates those who do.
Cease forming opinions before thinking. If your opinion was right, you would be a master now.
Use of the Tao of Healthier Living and MisterShortcut Zen Path virtually assures your mastery.
From today, remember to imitate masters, and THEN innovate with your knowledge and experience.
Trading just one of every ten chatty, petty minutes for ONE minute of your greatest thinking profits you.
The best opinions you can benefit from are opinions of those who have repeatedly out-succeeded the rest.
The MisterShortcut Zen Path is YOUR journey of self-empowerment, with YOUR Godfather of EyeCandy, etc.
Employ the great shortcuts of masters and millionaires, great shortcuts of champions and billionaires,
and, provably, YOUR shortcuts to succeeding. The MisterShortcut Zen Path is here for your life.
Much of the MisterShortcut Zen Path is based on secrets of masters and millionaires.
Mimicking the actions of masters and millionaires, we tend to imitate their results.
Until you replicate their results, or nearly so, your opinion is counter-profitable.
Get it first from the mouth of the horse, imitate, & THEN might you innovate.
This is a decidedly powerful master secret of the universe, a top shortcut.
Excellence is not known to happen by accident, so, win intentionally.
Find more within yourself, and such rich, uncountable assets you now have access to.
Live YOUR Tao of Healthier Living and MisterShortcut Zen Path using what you have.
Every day you waste is filled with minutes - opportunities - you cannot get back.
Conversely, each day that you fill with moments to remember, you need no refund.
Thus, living with excellence is a choice, one that you will find happens WITH PURPOSE.
Take the time to stop every single day to enumerate clearly the top five items of the day.
That's a high-speed approach to grabbing the MisterShortcut Zen Path with both hands, hm?
Intentionally improving by ONE percent all that you need to repeat proves YOUR master secret.
Engage the MisterShortcut Zen Path to accelerate your mastery, and the MisterShortcut Zen Path will reciprocate.
Alleviating hunger, MOST ESPECIALLY in starving children, is among YOUR best and fastest shortcuts. Try it.
Put this to the test! Belief in the MisterShortcut Zen Path is not required at all
Find helpless people or animals, and help them. The more anonymously you give, the more you get back.
How could you consider forming an opinion about anything you have not yet displayed any expertise in?
Our first and best step when we identify what we are determined to excel at is to identify true masters.
Once we imitate their steps, even their attitudes and words and questions and statements, WATCH!
Watch and see as each of us who uses this masterful formula imitates the results, or nearly so.
World records, broken-shattered countless numbers of times. Heed a voice of experience.
Most anything you ever master, or intend to, already has champions, true, or not?
Identify who does it best. Imitate what they do most often, imitate their results.
You get to choose who you imitate, just as you choose what you will master
Until you imitate their results, ALL opinions all-silent.
Use this high-speed master secret of your universe.
Magic results in one to twenty-one days for 99% of humans.
What you know is second to what you do with what you know.
Take back your precious minutes. Plan your daily hours in advance.
Imitate masters. Help the helpless. See what happens to YOUR profit.
Erasing starvation, a purely preventable disease of greed, you will win.
Look at those living their own MisterShortcut Zen Path and Tao of Healthier Living.
They win on purpose by imitating the best of the rest of us, and THEN innovating on it.
Are you sharp enough to count the fullest number of universal shortcuts in this Shapetalk?
Raise your IQ, rapidly, by merely hand-writing all of them, in your own words, repeatedly.
Before looking for new resources, first squeeze more from the brains and assets you possess.
MisterShortcut Zen Path foundations and fundamentals are aimed at YOUR rapid and total winning.
IF you are half as bright as you think you are, learn about QRA.
QRA ( Quantum Reflex Analysis) is among the best few things of all time.
The Tao of Healthier Living promises that QRA will astound and impress you.
Nothing you have seen or learned in life is even remotely like BDORT and Q.R.A.
No medical protocol that YOU have encountered is even close to BDORT and Q.R.A.
If you love yourself as the Tao of Healthier Living loves you, learn BDORT and Q.R.A.
BDORT only takes a matter of seconds to learn, Q.R.A. takes a bit of professional training.
These are portable bidigital tools that you get to carry and use for the rest of your life.
Quantum Reflex Analysis is proving to be the game-changer in 21st century health.
Living the Tao of Healthier Living means making use of what proves best to work best, most.
In every walk of life, we have leaders, the masters and champions who are the most worth imitating.
The Tao of Healthier Living is sure you will find that learning Quantum Reflex Analysis is a wise decision.
Easy enough for children to learn, and to use, before allowing things to come in or near your body and mind.
BDORT is a one-second test that allows you to test every food, drink, and more, before putting it in or near you.
Quantum Reflex Analysis is the simple identification of what nutrition an organ or gland is most deficient in.
The Tao of Healthier Living scours the world for the best of the best. Quantum Reflex Analysis is just that.
Please stop forming opinions on what you know so little of. Those opinions steal from your own Longevity.
First, study your masters and champions, those doing it best. Repeat their efforts to repeat their results.
Hotlinks For Tao of Healthier Living Quantum Reflex Analysis Websites - helping you help yourself
QCI.me QRA.Me QRA.name Q-R-A.US Q-R-A.info
www-Shortcuts.com Healthiest.ws Bidigitally.info S.hortcuts.com
Quantum-Reflex-Analysis.info QuantumReflexAnalysis.info Quantum-Reflex.info QuantumReflex.info
Don't be bashful ! Share the MisterShortcut Zen Path and Tao of Healthier Living .